Gas & Electric Aggregation Programs

Aggregation, is the process in which energy is sold to consumers who have joined together as a group to buy electricity or national gas. 
 
Electric Aggregation Program
Current Electric Program: The Village has been in our current electric aggregation program with First Energy Solutions (FES) since May of 2009.  This program will continue through May of 2018.  With this program, the kilowatt hour rate is variable, and program participants are saving 6% off their electric usage portion of the bill.  This represents approximately 55% of your bill.  The other 45% covers Ohio Edison’s distribution, transportation and taxes.  In February of 2015, our residents received a notice from FES which would have allowed you to opt out of the program for free if you so desired.  If you did not opt out then, you were automatically re-enrolled for 3 more years.   To opt out now  or anytime prior to May of 2018, you will have a $50 penalty.  To verify if you are on the aggregation, look at your last bill.  Under “Account Summary”, you should see charges from both Ohio Edison AND First Energy Solutions. FES can be reached at  1-866-636-3749.

Fact:  Everyone has a different  “Price to Compare” which is  calculated each month based on your individual usage.  As previously mentioned, this rate is variable and Ohio Edison has a summer and non summer rate.  This “Price to Compare” figure is the figure you must use to find the best offer/choice that is right for you.

Do your research:  Have your electric bill on hand , then go online to the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio’s site www.puco.ohio.gov.  Locate the “Apples to Apples” chart, Make sure you click on First Energy, as these are the offers you are eligible for.  You can also call them at 1-800-686-7829 to get this information.

Another great resource is the Office of the Ohio Consumers’ Counsel.  This is a residential consumer advocate organization. Their website is www.pickocc.org or you can call them at 1-877-742-5622. 

Unfortunately, no one can predict energy prices to far into the future so we encourage you to do your research!
 
Gas Aggregation Program
The Village of Doylestown's natural gas rate has been set at $2.97 per mcf with IGS. This rate covers the term of 11/1/16 thru 10/31/17. 
If you are already in the aggregation, you do not need to do anything.  It will automatically roll over to the new rate on the December, 2015 billing which will be for November usage.
 
If you are already on the aggregation and would like to continue, you will be automatically reenrolled. Letters from IGS go out to customers giving them the option of opting out if that is what you want to do.  If you do nothing, you will be reenrolled.  PLEASE REMEMBER: You can get into this aggregation program at anytime within this 1 year period. Therefore, if you are currently with another supplier with a higher rate, and would like to join the villages program, we suggest that you check with your current supplier before switching plans to avoid any unnecessary penalties.

If  you are new to the Village and would like to join our aggregation, call
IGS at 1-800-280-4474. Tell them you are a resident of the Village of Doylestown and would like to join the aggregation program. You must first establish your account with Dominion because you have to provide IGS with your account information.

If you have any questions about our aggregation programs, please call Kristen Robison @ 330-658-2181 ext. 1102.